Monday, October 27, 2014

Chevron Baby Blankets

I have been looking for a good pattern to use when I am making baby blankets.  I have a slight obsession with chevron and was looking on Pinterest when I found this awesome blog:                    Daisy Cottage Designs
She has tons of really great FREE crochet patterns that look wonderful and she also gives advice on how to take pictures of your work if you intend to sell on Etsy (which I am in the process of doing). 
One of her free patterns is for a Ripple Baby Blanket.   I decided to give it a try and I am in love with how it turned out.  I did one with 4 colors (blue, yellow, white, and gray) and did a random pattern with the number of rows.  Here is some pictures of how it turned out:


 
 
 
The colors just went so well together! 
 Now I just have to wait for someone to have a baby boy!
All of the yarn used for this blanket was Hobby Lobby's I Love This Yarn! (Which I really love!)
I Love This Yarn Buttercup
I Love This Yarn Turquoise
I Love This Yarn White
I Love This Yarn Graphite
 
 
 
 
I also did another blanket using the Rainbow Ripple Pattern that they did on Daisy Cottage Designs. I love this one too!  I think it would work for a baby girl or boy!
 
 I absolutely love the colors!  I used 'I love this yarn!' from Hobby Lobby and Lion's Brand Vanna's Choice for the yarns.  I will update with yarn color names soon!
Blue ~ I Love This Yarn Medium Blue
Yellow ~ I Love This Yarn  
White ~ I Love This Yarn White
Pink ~ I Love This Yarn Pink
Red ~ Vanna's Choice Cranberry
Green ~ Vanna's Choice Lime
 
The reds and greens were hard to find because the others were all light baby colors and I wanted them to match nicely but its hard to find a nice red and green that go well.  I think they ended up working out great!
 
 
I just opened an Etsy Shop and I am selling both of these items!  Please check them out and More!
 

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Thanks to this post. I will not only have an amazing blanket in the end but will actually learn a terrific crochet technique as well.

Zia
Sell My Home Today Dallas